Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lao and Thai food pictures only! (Read 27842 times)

HAIR
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Poland
Re: Lao and Thai food pictures only!
Reply #15 - 2nd May, 2012 at 8:28pm

tose do look very good!

View Profile  
IP Logged

HAIR

I love Laos!

Poland
Reply #16 - 2nd May, 2012 at 8:41pm

This not Lao or Thai but this Vietamese soup is one of my favourite:

VietSoup.jpg (20 KB | 639 )
VietSoup.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #17 - 3rd May, 2012 at 6:21am

"Fur" is a Vietnamese dish, but perhaps we can call it our own too because Lao people have been enjoying this dish for hundreds of years, and it's not like we have just started eating it.

Fur has become part of Lao society because there are more "fur" restaurants in Laos than any kind of restaurant. It's hard to find anyone who doesn't like to eat fur.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #18 - 3rd May, 2012 at 7:16am

Yum. Wonder how much is for a bowl of pho in Laos. In the US it's about $6-$7.

HAIR wrote on 2nd May, 2012 at 8:41pm:
This not Lao or Thai but this Vietamese soup is one of my favourite:

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #19 - 3rd May, 2012 at 7:14pm

I think I paid around 20,000 kips for a bowl of pho in Vientiane. The portions are kind of small cause it didn't really fill me up, usually have to eat more than one bowl. I guess I'm used to the size in the US, our small is their large. It was delicious though except eating pho when it's that hot outside is like walking into an oven, that's why I only ate pho early in the morning or late at night. Most Laos people consider pho as a breakfast food while over here, I only eat it for lunch or dinner.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

HAIR

I love Laos!

Poland
Reply #20 - 3rd May, 2012 at 9:02pm

The viet soup is not 'Fur' but is called something else which I do not understand because the menu was in Vietamese.  The noodles in the soup are rounded and heavier than your typical 'fur' soup and has jello pork blood plus other meats in it.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Reply #21 - 3rd May, 2012 at 9:16pm

That sounds more like kow poon than 'fur' especially with the blood in it and thicker noodles. Anyways, tastes all the same to me.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

HAIR

I love Laos!

Poland
Reply #22 - 3rd May, 2012 at 9:31pm

This 'Vietsoup' is very unique and different than 'Fur'.  I would be sweating like a pig with just a few spoon of the soup because of the peppered oil.   I could finish the whole bowl of 'Fur' and no sweat.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #23 - 7th May, 2012 at 5:26am

Durian fruit. I actually saw the tree that these grow on, amazing. I think I was more scared of these falling on my head than a coconut.

Phuket_839.JPG (173 KB | 585 )
Phuket_839.JPG

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #24 - 8th May, 2012 at 4:24am

That look good Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 15522 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 94176 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 297244 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143539 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 79359 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 55299 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 81117 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 64013 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50667 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45501 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum