Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Laos Mobile Internet. (Read 21172 times)

chuck
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Laos Mobile Internet.
12th Nov, 2012 at 11:58am

I am wondering which telco is the best for 3g mobile internet using a usb stick? for country side like paksan and further down. Unitel?

If so how do I get it and what is the rate like?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Laos Mobile Internet.
Reply #1 - 12th Nov, 2012 at 2:27pm

Unitel is okay, and M-phone (Lao Telecom) is a good choice too.

I don't know about their rates sorry, you can try emailing them.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

chuck

I Love Laos!

Reply #2 - 12th Nov, 2012 at 2:56pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 12th Nov, 2012 at 2:27pm:
Unitel is okay, and M-phone (Lao Telecom) is a good choice too.

I don't know about their rates sorry, you can try emailing them.

Hi Admin,

Thanks for replying, do you know how do I subscribe to 1? is it a prepaid or postpaid plan? I am from malaysia and I am thinking about subscribing 1 for my brother in law staying at country side of bolikhamxay  when I go to Laos April next year.

Thank you.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosnow
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #3 - 13th Nov, 2012 at 5:07am

I pay 6,100,000 kip for a year's subscription to Lao Telecom's M-Phone broadband internet service using their USB stick which plugs into my laptop.

It's a very good service and quite reliable signal, but I live near Vientiane. I don't know how good it is in remoter areas.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #4 - 13th Nov, 2012 at 9:17am

I used Unitel while I was there since they sell the refill cards just about everywhere in Laos. Was in Luang Prabang and Xiangkuang also with Unitel. Used an unlocked iphone so I didn't need a usb stick, found some free wifi in some places also. I was kind of suprised how good the coverage was over there, was expecting not to have service in many of the areas I went to that were considered out in the country. Laos people are crazy over phones though. My friend had a usb stick for internet on his laptop, he paid about $30/mth for it and it was pretty good, forgot the name of it though. When I went over to Thailand, using the prepaid cards for internet eats up your money quick, maybe cause it was in baht vs kips.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

chuck

I Love Laos!

Reply #5 - 13th Nov, 2012 at 9:58am

thanks for the info everybody.

I have heard of a daily usage plan of 5,000 kip per day from someone

which is also shown in the website of unitel.

http://unitel.com.la/index.php/promotion/detail/id-80

Can someone clarify this?
thank you.

View Profile  
IP Logged

andyong
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #6 - 13th Nov, 2012 at 4:20pm

I am in Paksan. Which part of Paksan is your bro staying. I am using Lao telecom daily usage prepaid card. Cost of USB stick 320,000 kips +- $40. Daily usage 4500 kips/day 24 hrs. Seem worth it but not for night usage, as it seems very slow during these period. Anyway, I am also a Malaysian.

View Profile  
IP Logged

chuck

I Love Laos!

Reply #7 - 25th Nov, 2012 at 9:17pm

jhi andy, thank you for the info. where can i get the USB stick from and how do i reload the account? with the scratch and reload card? he is staying at pha muang area.

View Profile  
IP Logged

andyong
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #8 - 26th Nov, 2012 at 8:52am

Hi Chuck,

Latest updates:

You can get the usb stick at Lao Telecom in Paksan (I heard they drop the price to less than 300,000 kips USD$37.5)

New package for internet access:
* 5000/day or 1000 MB which ever come first
* Just buy the normal phone reload card and you are fine to go. Right now the night time access is doing fine in Paksan. Reloading information can be found at Lao Telecom office. There are packages for per day/ week/ and month

My opinion is, just stick to per day package as your brother is still a student. Just beware, if he goes on with downloading of songs, youtube etc then god bless you with the limit of 1000 MB/day  Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

chuck

I Love Laos!

Reply #9 - 26th Nov, 2012 at 10:58am

andyong wrote on 26th Nov, 2012 at 8:52am:
Hi Chuck,

Latest updates:

You can get the usb stick at Lao Telecom in Paksan (I heard they drop the price to less than 300,000 kips USD$37.5)

New package for internet access:
* 5000/day or 1000 MB which ever come first
* Just buy the normal phone reload card and you are fine to go. Right now the night time access is doing fine in Paksan. Reloading information can be found at Lao Telecom office. There are packages for per day/ week/ and month

My opinion is, just stick to per day package as your brother is still a student. Just beware, if he goes on with downloading of songs, youtube etc then god bless you with the limit of 1000 MB/day  Cheesy

haha well 1000mb is ok i supposed he probably doesnt know how to download stuffs.

perday package means? whenever I use it then it will charge me 5000 kip automatically or do I have to select the package from some where? How about unitel?

thanks again andy for the info.

View Profile  
IP Logged

andyong
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #10 - 26th Nov, 2012 at 10:48pm

Prepaid per day 5000 kips. You use or not, it will be terminated in 24 hours.  Not so sure about unitel as I had drop the services from them.

View Profile  
IP Logged

chuck

I Love Laos!

Reply #11 - 27th Nov, 2012 at 10:13am

andyong wrote on 26th Nov, 2012 at 10:48pm:
Prepaid per day 5000 kips. You use or not, it will be terminated in 24 hours.  Not so sure about unitel as I had drop the services from them.

so is it like if I use it on any day it charges me 5000kip on that day but if i dont use it then it wont charge? or once i select the daily usage plan it is gonna charge me  5000kip everyday even if I dont use it?

View Profile  
IP Logged

andyong
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #12 - 28th Nov, 2012 at 8:23am

Pay first use later (prepaid). You pay 5000 kips by loading it in your account and use for the day 24 hours or 1000 MB. If the very next day, you are not using any internet access, then you don't load any money to it.

View Profile  
IP Logged

chuck

I Love Laos!

Reply #13 - 17th Dec, 2012 at 2:02pm

andyong wrote on 28th Nov, 2012 at 8:23am:
Pay first use later (prepaid). You pay 5000 kips by loading it in your account and use for the day 24 hours or 1000 MB. If the very next day, you are not using any internet access, then you don't load any money to it.

hi there mr.andyong, are you sure it is 1000mb and not 100mb per day for the 5,000 kip/ day plan? I would like to do video chat from malaysia if it is 1000mb that it would be sufficient if it is 100mb then it is not. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

andyong
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #14 - 29th Dec, 2012 at 7:31am

Hey chuck,

I think 1000mb and 100mb are quite obvious in the "0" (zeroes) Go ahead and type in www.laotel.com and get the details. Laos is having one of the cheapest internet charges in the region.

Maxis Malaysia is charging RM$2.00 for 100mb/day prepaid package. Just compare. To me 5000 kips is just RM$2.00 per day per 1000mb (one thousand!!)

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 10191 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 91480 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 294818 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 141707 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77766 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 53954 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79863 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62940 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49834 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44744 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum