Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I will be busy working on JudyGarlandsRubySlippers.com (Read 229785 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
I will be busy working on JudyGarlandsRubySlippers.com
10th Jul, 2013 at 9:52am

Vintage jewels on the bows of the original ruby slippers

Vintage jewels on the bows of the original ruby slippers

I will be spending my days writing for JudyGarlandsRubySlippers.com, and make one of the world's best ruby slippers so I won't be active on Lao Pride Forum for a while so please forgive me for any delays in responding.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Re: I will be busy working on JudyGarlandsRubySlippers.com
Reply #1 - 10th Jul, 2013 at 10:37am

I will forgive and wont forget.  Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 12th Jul, 2013 at 1:07pm

Judy Garland's size 5B replica ruby slippers

Judy Garland's stunning ruby slippers is nearing completion. I need to work on the bows, and other minor bits and pieces and she'll be right to go.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #3 - 25th Jul, 2013 at 5:23pm

The finished replica ruby slippers

Judy Garland as Dorothy would be walking proudly with this pair of size 5B ruby slippers on the Yellow Brick Road in The Wizard of Oz.

I'm very satisfied with the overall shape of the ruby slippers. The bows and jewels are as perfect as you can get to the ones on the original ruby slippers.

They are wearable but due to their vintage nature, this replica ruby slippers will be locked inside a glass case for display purposes with an alarm and some surveillance cameras.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #4 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 7:24am

Close-up of the bow on the ruby slippers

Close-up of the bow on the ruby slippers

This particular bow was deliberately aged and made rough to match the bows as they appear on the original ruby slippers today.

If you look carefully, you can see a piece of fabric between the jewels and leather bow.

All the jewels, although very tiny, are sewn onto this piece of georgette fabric overlay. Once completed, this georgette fabric overlay is then sewn onto a thin leather bow on the bottom.

You can see bits of red threads along the edges of the bow. There's no glue used on any part of the bows, everything involves sewing and this is the same technique that MGM used to make the bows on the original ruby slippers.

IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #5 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 12:11pm

They are put in safe box in Lao?

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 25th Jul, 2013 at 5:23pm:

The finished replica ruby slippers

http://www.laopride.com/pictures3/judy-garlands-size-5b-replica-ruby-slippers.jp...

Judy Garland as Dorothy would be walking proudly with this pair of size 5B ruby slippers on the Yellow Brick Road in The Wizard of Oz.

I'm very satisfied with the overall shape of the ruby slippers. The bows and jewels are as perfect as you can get to the ones on the original ruby slippers.

They are wearable but due to their vintage nature, this replica ruby slippers will be locked inside a glass case for display purposes with an alarm and some surveillance cameras.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #6 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 1:59pm

They are stored a glass case as shown in the above picture. I am currently making more ruby slippers so that will be keeping me incredibly busy.

There is also an arrangement for Judy Garland as Dorothy's size 5 checkered gingham dress to make its way to Laos so that's something very exciting to see on this forum in the coming months.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #7 - 29th Jul, 2013 at 9:47am

How much? Roll Eyes

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #8 - 29th Jul, 2013 at 10:19am

The dress is made in China? Grin Grin Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 29th Jul, 2013 at 11:52am

peterpan wrote on 29th Jul, 2013 at 10:19am:
The dress is made in China? Grin Grin Grin

No, what would the Chinese know about Dorothy dresses?

It's made in America. The pattern and the measurements has to be precise.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 29th Jul, 2013 at 11:53am

Beef Cake wrote on 29th Jul, 2013 at 9:47am:
How much? Roll Eyes

Very expensive, I won't mention it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 79142 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 249010 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133237 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69931 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47545 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 74013 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57640 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45453 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41054 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 34007 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum