Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Judy Garland enjoying a plate of food at MGM studios (Read 47532 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Judy Garland enjoying a plate of food at MGM studios
19th Aug, 2013 at 10:04am

Judy Garland gets treated with some decent food

A happy looking Judy Garland gets treated with some decent food inside the studio's makeup department, and a waiter is serving her a glass of milk.

MGM often took pictures of Judy Garland eating. Whether this is to show the world that their superstar is being cared for properly, or just to show some candid behind-the-scenes photos is debatable.

Judy Garland having a cute moment with her mother

A rare photo of Judy Garland having a cute moment with her mother, Ethel Gumm. Judy Garland had a love-hate relationship with her ma since her pa Frank Gumm passed away due to illness.

Ethel Gumm was also responsible for her portion-controlled meals. She was a strict mother, but also a mother who tried to do her best for Judy Garland.

Judy Garland rose to instant fame as Dorothy

Judy Garland rose to instant fame as Dorothy in 1939's The Wizard of Oz. There's no denying that she was the best girl to play the Kansas farm girl. Her good looks and talent had never been in question by moviegoers during Hollywood's Golden Age.

Related articles you might be interested in reading:

star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Judy Garland enjoying a plate of food at MGM studios
Reply #1 - 20th Aug, 2013 at 8:27am

A smiling Judy Garland eating beef steak and potatoes

A smiling Judy Garland eating beef steak and potatoes

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #2 - 22nd Aug, 2013 at 5:18pm

While I'm on the subject of potatoes, this is Judy Garland
and a midget holding a bag of Arrowhead brand potatoes

Judy Garland holding a bag of potatoes

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #3 - 25th Aug, 2013 at 12:35am

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Wow no more soup diet for Dorothy and look at her ecstatic face. Finally a big ass cheesy burger and a big piece of steak inputed into Dorothy's system Grin.

View Profile  
IP Logged

LoveGal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardJudy Garland Gold Star Award
Reply #4 - 25th Aug, 2013 at 10:49am

Anyone want some Jelly?

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

♥ Judy Garland ♥ Ma! He's Makin' Eyes At Me! 1949
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 25th Aug, 2013 at 12:34pm

Judy Garland's style in homemade jelly, it must be good.

IP Logged

LoveGal

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Reply #6 - 26th Aug, 2013 at 12:03pm

Have you finished the lovely homemade jelly?

And the rest of beef steak and potatoes?

She was hungry!?

She was hungry

Thanks Judy. That's what I'm thinking about

Judy with the lovely food

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 26th Aug, 2013 at 6:41pm

Judy Garland eating corned beef and cabbage

Judy Garland eating corned beef and cabbage

Judy Garland as Esther Smith (girl with the auburn hair looking straight ahead) is about to be served corned beef and cabbage in the romantic musical film "Meet Me in St. Louis".

I like American culture how food is brought to the table in a large tray and served on individual plates. Sharing food in Lao culture is not for me.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #8 - 27th Aug, 2013 at 1:02am

I have to agree about not sharing food.  I remember my folks would make this 'gang nau mai' soup.  This soup was put into a big bowl and this bowl was placee on the middle of the table.   Everyone would have his or her own spoon to get access to this bowl of soup and I got
soooooooo
gross out because I kept thinking in my head if someone has not brush his or her teeth.   Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
The only way that I can feel comfortably having a meal, I essentially had to get a smaller bowl and proportioned it directly from the pot to this smaller bowl before the soup gets contaminated. Grin Grin Grin Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 27th Aug, 2013 at 4:24am

You probably have to avoid eating soup altogether with that kind of mentality.

Even if you get your own bowl of soup, do you know the soup that you are about to eat may have already been accessed by many people prior to serving it to you?

I've seen chefs at noodle restaurants in Laos take turns tasting soup in a large pot to make sure the flavour is right.

Other cultures is no different to Lao. In the movie, Meet Me in St. Louis, the ketchup was accessed by about half a dozen people with the same scoop spoon then they dip it back in to stir it. This ketchup was then served on individual plates as a soup course.

Judy Garland as Esther Smith tasting ketchup

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #10 - 27th Aug, 2013 at 10:08am

EW... Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

LoveGal

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Reply #11 - 27th Aug, 2013 at 8:00pm

You All are right. We shouldn't eat what we feel it bad or just don't touch. But my education was teaching me respecting other people. I would just grab a bit and try to afford it... But it only in front of elder Cool

Let see what happen if you don't eat. Here Judy Garland are telling you what She missed.. Embarrassed

tumblr_ms6wuySpCE1sgi7k8o1_500.gif

tumblr_ms6wuySpCE1sgi7k8o2_500.gif

>If you don't like the GIF, please let me know, I will think the other way to show it.<

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #12 - 27th Aug, 2013 at 8:40pm

We used to have your tradition years ago, now, no more. But, I don't take soup outside even it is yummy, it is served with a big spoon.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 27th Aug, 2013 at 4:24am:
You probably have to avoid eating soup altogether with that kind of mentality.

Even if you get your own bowl of soup, do you know the soup that you are about to eat may have already been accessed by many people prior to serving it to you?

I've seen chefs at noodle restaurants in Laos take turns tasting soup in a large pot to make sure the flavour is right.

Other cultures is no different to Lao. In the movie, Meet Me in St. Louis, the ketchup was accessed by about half a dozen people with the same scoop spoon then they dip it back in to stir it. This ketchup was then served on individual plates as a soup course.

http://www.laopride.com/pictures3/judy-garland-as-esther-smith-tasting-ketchup.j...

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 23rd Nov, 2013 at 2:30am

MGM special menu for Judy Garland

MGM special menu for Judy Garland

Please click on image to view a larger version

IP Logged

LoveGal

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Reply #14 - 23rd Nov, 2013 at 2:58am

Judy Garland the chef  In the air

10962312263_ab7ef5e589.jpg

To see the larger version

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78394 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248737 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133073 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69769 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47416 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73897 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57525 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45362 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40951 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33942 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum