Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
from Chiang Rai (Read 21385 times)

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
from Chiang Rai
1st Aug, 2014 at 10:12am

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/laotian-girls-death-in-bangkok-sparks-outcry-in-la...

From this, I can understand Mak Nad anger.

Laotian Girl's Death in Bangkok Sparks Outcry in Lao's Social Media

The mystery surrounding the death of an 18-year-old Laotian girl falling to her death from an eight-storey apartment room  in Huey Kwang area in Bangkok on July 27  has sparked a public  outcry in Laos with widespread share of a post in the social media calling on the Thai police to treat the case same as they treated the Thai case.

The Laotian media also turned  its eyes on the news which was given less attention by the police to investigate and to bring the suspect or suspects for trial.

The poster "Lerdsal Janthien" wrote on his Facebook of the mysterious death of  the 18-year-old girl known only as "Nong Paeng" and showed  photos of the victim and her humble funeral in Savannakhet province of  Laos by in open ground last week.

He recalled the poor and grieved parents of Nong Paeng  had to borrow money from relatives to travel from Laos  to Bangkok to bring their daughter back  for funeral with no assistance from any Thai  agencies.

Since Nong Paeng was the only child who was the family's dependant, her loss had great impact on her two brothers who are still studying in Laos.

Lerdsal recalled the night of the incident saying the girl was staying with 4-5 friends at the apartment room when she received a mobile phone call from her Thai colleague known as "Kor" to see her.

She went out to meet him at another opposite room just because they were friend and colleague, while her Laotian  friends asked to go back to their  rooms at the same apartment.

He said 10 minutes later shouts were heard from a woman who later was identified as Kor's wife and also worked as cashier at the same place at a massage parlour as Nong Paeng.

The  wife entered the room where both her husband and Nong Paeng  were inside with a reserve key.

There was heated argument and curses were heard  and five minutes later, both Kor and his wife rushed out quickly.

Shortly afterwards apartment  guards alerted the police of a woman falling to her death from the eighth floor of the apartment.

Charity foundation workers arrived too late to save her life. They examined  the body while waiting for forensic police to inspect the  scene.

Nong Paeng's friends then recalled what happened to the police during the initial interrogation.

Kor and his wife returned to the police station to tell their own accounts of the story, claiming they did not know how she fell from the room. But they promised to pay 20,000-30,000 baht to help the victim’s family to arrange cremation.

The Laotian poster then questioned the poor attention to the case by the Thai police with call for them not to discriminate the case  as both  Laotians and Thais are human being who should be fairly treated.

He also said promise to pay her family by Mr Kor also was not heeded.

His post was widely shared in the social network with call for Thai police to treat the case with speed and divulge the truth behind her death.

Parent of Nong Paeng are also planning to petition with the Thai embassy in Vientiane to seek justice for their daughter.

Meanwhile Huey Kwang police investigator Pol Lt Sarut Kam-laor said said the girl, identified later as Miss Tai Daoheung, died from broken neck and back bone.

There were bruises on her right am and left leg.

There was no traces of fighting in the room where she was said to fall down from, except finger prints on the bars at the corridor, he said.

But he said her friends confirmed of hearing quarrels inside the room.

They also admitted to have some drinks before the girl would leave the room to see her Thai colleague.

He added that the case was still in process as the police have to await result from the forensic examinations in the room and finger prints before making  a conclusion of the exact cause of death.

The social network placed emphasis on murder rather than an accident.

View Profile  
IP Logged

bak nyaw laoboi
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Re: from Chiang Rai
Reply #1 - 1st Aug, 2014 at 12:41pm

wow what a story. Things like this dont happen all the time but this is very serious. How can a person fall down 8 stories unless you are suicidal and want to fall to your death.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 2nd Aug, 2014 at 2:02pm

I smell cover up.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #3 - 3rd Aug, 2014 at 12:31pm

Of course it's a cover up. Thais don't care when a foreigner dies or gets hurt in their country. Europeans and Americans are always seen jumping off balconies. Thais just see Laos, Khmers, Burmese etc as 3rd world undesirables and migrant workers and could care less if they die. Don't think they will start investigating anytime soon.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #4 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 10:10am

18 year old Laotian girl, from Savannakhet, and working in Bangkok at a massage parlour.

She seems like a prostitute to me. Perhaps she made someone angry, her death was definitely not an accident.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #5 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 10:15am

Thais are driven by money and greed.Why else their country
would be known to the world as the 1# for Hooker.
They like to think that they are better then all the countries
that are surrounding em.But we all know the truth

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #6 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 10:28am

If Thailand is number one, Laos isn't far off.

Elders tell me that in the old days, Thai girls used to come to work as prostitutes in Laos, now it's the opposite and Lao girls are crossing the border to Thailand.

The news of this death is nothing new. Thais kill each other every day, why would they care about Laotians? If they don't like you, they'll kill you. You hear of foreigners being stabbed or murdered all the time in Thailand.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #7 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 10:54am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 4th Aug, 2014 at 10:28am:
If Thailand is number one, Laos isn't far off.

Elders tell me that in the old days, Thai girls used to come to work as prostitutes in Laos, now it's the opposite and Lao girls are crossing the border to Thailand.

The news of this death is nothing new. Thais kill each other every day, why would they care about Laotians? If they don't like you, they'll kill you. You hear of foreigners being stabbed or murdered all the time in Thailand.

True Admin, I think with $$ you can have anyone kill.
Plus if you have alot of money you can get away with killing
someone too. When i'm over there i try not to tic anybody off.lol

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #8 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 11:55am

You can't just kill people in Laos like that. That's one benefit to having a strict government I guess.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #9 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 1:18pm

More like corrupt goverment.From what i have heard anybody can be bought.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #10 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 1:40pm

28 Year Old Russian Woman Killed from Condo Fall in Bangkok.

Again and again.

My proposal is any developer must be required to put safety nest around any building more than 3 stories.

next time, I go there, i will book first floor room.  Grin Grin Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #11 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 2:26pm

It is really amazing how low the human species can go. A week doesn't go by in Pattaya that someone doesn't jump from an apartment or hotel. Stories abound of prostitutes showing up the homes of deceased foreigners and looting their possessions. Are these mafia types and low life prostitutes concerned about accruing bad karma or are most of them not really religious?

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #12 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 2:29pm

I don't think they care.They just go to the temple and donate .Plus they prob ask for a blessing too.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #13 - 4th Aug, 2014 at 3:00pm

A tenet of Buddhism is to detach yourself from the rituals. This implies that you can't buy your way out of bad karma and it is true.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #14 - 5th Aug, 2014 at 10:20am

You sure bout that ? Heck alot of criminal donate to church too.I'm just saying .People that do bad thing just want to relive their conscience.So they go to the temple or church say alittle prayer and everything will be alright.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78455 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248753 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133081 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69774 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47421 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73902 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57531 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45365 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40961 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33943 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum