Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Value of the US Dollar in Laos (Read 18823 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Value of the US Dollar in Laos
23rd May, 2010 at 11:33am

1 US dollar can only be exchanged for about 8,200 Lao kips in the late part of May, 2010.

It's falling down and down. In recent years we were used to seeing 1 US dollar for 10,000 kips.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Re: Value of the US Dollar in Laos
Reply #1 - 23rd May, 2010 at 11:13pm

You are absolutely right.  The currency isn't the same as it once was.  The US continues to borrow money they don't have.  I think when it comes down to if if a dollar falls below 50 cents or under vs a Euro, US will most likely be an instigator of world wars. This is the only way for them to wipe out their debts by being a savior to various countries.  Of course that is my opinion and view seeing all the things the US has involved themselves with. Let's hope things don't come to that.  Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #2 - 31st Jul, 2010 at 5:29am

how many dollars is 8,000 kips? i mean is it like a fat stack of cash, my uncle came back with some money and he was loaded with stacks, for a second he looked like a millionair, oh wait just laos money lmao

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 31st Jul, 2010 at 6:30am

8,000 kips is about US $1.

The following page has the exchange rates.

http://www.vientianelife.com/exchangerates.html

IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #4 - 30th Dec, 2010 at 1:46pm

Is that a good thing or a bad thing admin?

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 23rd May, 2010 at 11:33am:
1 US dollar can only be exchanged for about 8,200 Lao kips in the late part of May, 2010.

It's falling down and down. In recent years we were used to seeing 1 US dollar for 10,000 kips.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 30th Dec, 2010 at 7:22pm

Exchange rates can be good or bad for tourists and businesses.

It doesn't have any effect on the locals.

IP Logged

Lao Dreamer
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Reply #6 - 29th Jan, 2011 at 9:23pm

I would't say it's falling down, I would say it's great! When you get less Lao Kip for a Dollar it means Lao Kip is getting stronger and so the economy in Laos. As a Lao person I'll pray for less and less Lao Kip per a Dollar, although it's not ideal for Lao people who live abroad who's coming back to Lao for a visit or something like that...sorry!

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 23rd May, 2010 at 11:33am:

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78113 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248652 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 132998 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69710 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47357 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73844 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57471 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45325 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40915 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33913 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum