Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Reasons why Lao girls marry western men (Read 113157 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Reasons why Lao girls marry western men
Reply #15 - 23rd May, 2011 at 10:14pm

Larb Dip do you want to live in poverty, and work as a farmer? I don't see anything wrong with Asian women wanting to marry western men to get out of poverty. As long as the men love and respected them.

Western men alway get hot hot Asian women though. Even in America. I'm jealous sometime.
Wink Cheesy Grin

Larb Dip wrote on 23rd May, 2011 at 7:44pm:
Admin Saovaluck wrote on 23rd May, 2011 at 10:18am:
If you already know the answer then there's no need to ask.

I want to hear/read you say/type it. Lao boys not good enough for you, nang?Cry

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 23rd May, 2011 at 10:18am:
She may genuinely love him for who he is, it's not nice to call people gold diggers.

What euphemism would these parasites prefer to answer to then?

« Last Edit: 24th May, 2011 at 3:15am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #16 - 24th May, 2011 at 3:23am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 23rd May, 2011 at 8:57pm:
Lao boys are good too, but we don't really have anything alike, unless they like western/Thai foods and they are into Judy Garland.

You're right, Lao boys are too masculine and proud for those sort of things - the latter in particular! Wink Good luck on finding your dream 'man'! Based on your fetishes, it sounds like your 'man's' estrogen levels outnumber his testoterones, as far as the hormone continuum is concerned. It's highly likely you're looking to live happily ever after with someone who gestures greetings with an elastic wrist. Is it because you like wearing the pants? Nobody is going to dominate MY best friend, right? Nobody can bully my dear administarator!

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #17 - 24th May, 2011 at 3:24am

llX wrote on 23rd May, 2011 at 10:14pm:
Larb Dip do you want to be poor and work as a farmer? I don't see anything worng with Asian women wanting to marry western men to get out of poverty. As long as the men love and respected them.

Western men alway get hot hot Asian women though. Even in America. I'm jealous sometime.
Wink Cheesy Grin

If anything I'm high-fiving these old buggers for their 'accomplishment'. Shitt, I'd want a teenage wife too once I'm in my advanced years. Wink

I just wanted to know if the stereotype was true: what the ladies want. I don't think the cliche will change, any time soon.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #18 - 24th May, 2011 at 3:47am

Women want to get out of poverty. As long as she over 18 and want to get marry. I don't see nothing wrong with that.  It better for farang to marry our Asian women then just paying them for sex. In Thailand they say about 75,000 farang are marry to Lao women and living in Isan. If farang don't marry some of them, they probably end up working in Bangkok go go bar anyway. Let look at the brighter side. Hehe In my opinion.
Wink

Larb Dip wrote on 24th May, 2011 at 3:24am:
llX wrote on 23rd May, 2011 at 10:14pm:
Larb Dip do you want to be poor and work as a farmer? I don't see anything worng with Asian women wanting to marry western men to get out of poverty. As long as the men love and respected them.

Wink Cheesy Grin

If anything I'm high-fiving these old buggers for their 'accomplishment'. Shitt, I'd want a teenage wife too once I'm in my advanced years. Wink

I just wanted to know if the stereotype was true: what the ladies want. I don't think the cliche will change, any time soon.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #19 - 24th May, 2011 at 9:38am

llX wrote on 24th May, 2011 at 3:47am:
Women want to get out of poverty. As long as she over 18 and want to get marry. I don't see nothing wrong with that.  It better for farang to marry our Asian women then just paying them for sex. In Thailand they say about 75,000 farang are marry to Lao women and living in Isan. If farang don't marry some of them, they probably end up working in Bangkok go go bar anyway. Let look at the brighter side. Hehe In my opinion.
Wink

That is alot man. Where do you get your facts from?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

drfeelgood
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #20 - 24th May, 2011 at 1:07pm

Why is it that we all live under this illusion that all women, not just Lao..but all women are in this mindset that they have to find some guy to "take care" of them?...who set this rule?...don't get me wrong as I have no problem with contributing to a good relationship...but it cracks me up that we all think that we all have to follow this same set of criteria...man meets woman, man asks woman to commit to him, man must provide, woman must cook and bear children...etc etc...Whats wrong with the woman going out and providing...financially?....Break the mold folks and set your own set of personal criteria within your own relationship

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #21 - 24th May, 2011 at 7:23pm

Drfeelgood, I believe that women in western countries should also work and provide financially, because the extra few thousand dollars a month is handy to help with the mortgage and so on.

However, when we're talking about a relationship between a foreigner and a girl in Laos, it's a different ball game and something for each relationship to think about. Working women in Laos earns about $100 - $200 per month. The question is, will it be beneficial for the both of you, if she spends all day at work for $5? Or will she be more useful at home doing the chores and looking after the children?

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

drfeelgood
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #22 - 24th May, 2011 at 9:47pm

I see your point...but my point is that each relationship needs to be looked at differently and the automatic assumption should not be that the man goes and works and pays and the woman stays at home...Maybe we need to get out of that mindset in order to start changing the way things are presumed

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 24th May, 2011 at 7:23pm:
Drfeelgood, I believe that women in western countries should also work and provide financially, because the extra few thousand dollars a month is handy to help with the mortgage and so on.

However, when we're talking about a relationship between a foreigner and a girl in Laos, it's a different ball game and something for each relationship to think about. Working women in Laos earns about $100 - $200 per month. The question is, will it be beneficial for the both of you, if she spends all day at work for $5? Or will she be more useful at home doing the chores and looking after the children?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #23 - 24th May, 2011 at 10:24pm

I understand that each relationship needs to be looked at differently, but most people who deal with girls in Laos can expect to pay for most of the expenses. We all know that a typical girl in Laos can't contribute much, financially, in the relationship, unless you bring her overseas to live and work.

Old man, who lives in Laos but has now left us, once said that his Lao wife stays at home to look after him. There's no point working for a few dollars a day when your foreign husband is earning thousands a month.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #24 - 24th May, 2011 at 10:40pm

I agreed with your point Admins. Some might not understand because in Western country men and women is 50/50. Many women also work and has good jobs. Sometime Western men stay home and watch the kids. If I live in Laos. I'll be like Old Man and let my wife stay home, and watch TV instead of working if she's only making $60 a month.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #25 - 24th May, 2011 at 10:55pm

In western countries, the couple must share the expenses. Laos is a different society. If a girl marries a foreigner and she stays at home, people will consider that "normal". But you'll need to do more than just watch TV at home.

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #26 - 25th May, 2011 at 2:52am

In the US, it would be a dream for a family to have one person working (husband or wife) to financially support the family financially while the other stays at home and take care of the kids.  I think this scenario creates stronger family bond.

Yes definitely the same scenario in Laos to have the wife stays at home (due to the low pay that she is getting) and take care of the kiddos whilst the husband works because of the much higher pays to support the family.  I think it is a win-win situation for the family core.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #27 - 25th May, 2011 at 3:33am

Bangkokpost.com
Wink

Larb Dip wrote on 24th May, 2011 at 9:38am:
llX wrote on 24th May, 2011 at 3:47am:
Women want to get out of poverty. As long as she over 18 and want to get marry. I don't see nothing wrong with that.  It better for farang to marry our Asian women then just paying them for sex. In Thailand they say about 75,000 farang are marry to Lao women and living in Isan. If farang don't marry some of them, they probably end up working in Bangkok go go bar anyway. Let look at the brighter side. Hehe In my opinion.
Wink

That is alot man. Where do you get your facts from?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #28 - 25th May, 2011 at 3:36am

In the US they split everything in 1/2. About 50% of marriage in the US also end up in divorce. So whatever they're doing over here it's not working when it come to marriage.
Wink

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 24th May, 2011 at 10:55pm:
In western countries, the couple must share the expenses. Laos is a different society. If a girl marries a foreigner and she stays at home, people will consider that "normal". But you'll need to do more than just watch TV at home.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #29 - 25th May, 2011 at 8:02am

Yes, people say they love each other forever, but sometimes marriages don't always last.

Women in Laos have the tendency to put up with their husbands, even though we know that they are up to no good.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 285316 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85615 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137514 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 73996 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50808 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77053 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60417 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47756 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43004 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35479 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum