Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Please give me some information about Laos (Read 42398 times)

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Please give me some information about Laos
27th Oct, 2008 at 5:19pm

I 'd like to travel Lao next year in SEA GAMES and maybe take a short course to learn Lao . Where can I study ?

and may u give me some place where I should visit ? I didn't come Laos before

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Please give me some information about Laos
Reply #1 - 28th Oct, 2008 at 2:36am

Below is a picture of the stadium being built in Vientiane for the SEA GAMES.

laopride3.jpg

Some good institutions to study Lao language in Vientiane is the National University of Laos and Vientiane International School.
The Vientiane International school is an American operated school and students and teachers are all foreigners.

Luang Prabang, Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Pakse and Champassak are some of the most popular places to visit.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #2 - 28th Oct, 2008 at 3:24am

how about the currency ? will I exchange to Kip or it's to use USD or Bath in Laos ? I don't have Bath b/c I'm from Vietnam and all Lao can speak Vietnamese or English ? I just know only this word " Sabaide "

how much 'll I pay for a short holiday , about 1 or 2 weeks ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 28th Oct, 2008 at 9:07am

Most businesses in Laos accept payments in the form of Lao Kip, Thai Baht and US dollars. They can be exchanged at a foreign currency booth located in the capital cities.

People in Laos can't speak Vietnamese language unless they are of Vietnamese descent, some Lao people can understand English.

The cost of your holiday in Laos depends on the kind of lifestyle you want to have. If you want to travel around and eat out like a backpacker then it's not too expensive, but if you want to be like a King then you need alot of money.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #4 - 28th Oct, 2008 at 10:49am

ah , I'd like to travel and learn about Laos history , so no need to live as the King . it'll the short journey in about 1 or 2 weeks . where do u live in Laos ? in the capital ? Hope to see u soon this year ( not sure ) or in SEA GAMES

and ur traditional festival 'll celebrate in April ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 29th Oct, 2008 at 1:22am

I hope you have an enjoyable holiday in Laos.

I live in Vientiane.

There's many traditional festivals in Laos, the Lao New Year (Songkhan festival) is in April.

The next festival is Boun That Luang which officially starts in mid November, but the fairs have already started.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #6 - 29th Oct, 2008 at 12:18pm

wow , may I have ur nick ? we wanna chat , ok ? Do u know Star Telecom ? Hope we'll talk together by using cellphones in the future . It's the cop between Viettel ( Vietnam ) and Laos-Asia Telecommunication ( Laos ? maybe )

I live in Saigon ( Ho Chi Minh city )

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 31st Oct, 2008 at 1:22am

I don't know anything about telecommunication services.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #8 - 31st Oct, 2008 at 11:06pm

ok , no problem . do u have yahoo or msn nick ? will u give me ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 2nd Nov, 2008 at 1:05am

No I don't use messenger programs.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #10 - 2nd Nov, 2008 at 8:31am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 2nd Nov, 2008 at 1:05am:
No I don't use messenger programs.

Sad how can I contact and ask u something about Laos or just write my question in the forum and wait u to answer me Sad

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 3rd Nov, 2008 at 1:51am

The best way to contact me about Laos is by posting on this forum or via email at webmaster@laopride.com.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #12 - 3rd Nov, 2008 at 2:13am

Sadand wait u a long time Sad I see u just online in the morning , right ?Sad

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 3rd Nov, 2008 at 3:06am

I am usually online and sorry if my reply takes a long time but I also have other commitments apart from Lao Pride.

I will endeavour to answer your questions as quickly as possible.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #14 - 3rd Nov, 2008 at 10:44am

ok , and my Laos friend said that I can use Vietnamese in Laos and don't care anything , right ? I remember that u said no Smiley

and Tuk tuk 's the transposition in Laos ? How much is it ? I sent a meassage to NUOL and ask them how to get application into their university Smiley

I really want to explore and understand ur culture  Kiss

ok , this's my msn : nguyenhuuphuc2612@hotmail.com

U can add me if u like  Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 286856 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85821 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137688 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74146 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50938 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77172 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60538 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47845 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43076 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35536 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum