Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Live music (Read 52801 times)

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Re: Live music
Reply #15 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 5:45pm

Buk IIWJ,That's great!! Smiley  I guess you have no problem meeting up with the poo sao.  After looking at the photo "eat me" dancer...I don't think I'll be hanging out with any "poo sao muang" with an identity crisis.  They don't deserve respect or anything from me.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #16 - 2nd Mar, 2010 at 4:13pm

OMD wrote on 1st Mar, 2010 at 5:45pm:
Buk IIWJ,That's great!! Smiley  I guess you have no problem meeting up with the poo sao.  After looking at the photo "eat me" dancer...I don't think I'll be hanging out with any "poo sao muang" with an identity crisis.  They don't deserve respect or anything from me.

JACKSPADE - After a case of beerlao.. I have no problem meeting sao noi.. sao yai.. sao toui.. sao joy 55555 Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #17 - 2nd Mar, 2010 at 8:03pm

Speaking of Beer Lao, I noticed kids ages 6+ are are still hardcore drinkers.  I'm curious, is there any current age regulation as far as drinking is concern?  I remember I started drinking  home made rice beer at age 7-8 on a daily basis with my grandfather.  Thank god my parents came back for me from Thailand.  Imagine,  if they had not come back for me.  I'd probably  be an alcoholic, possibly have 6-10 kids with the Admin, kids and wife beating, arrested and who knows what else could have happen.  LOL

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #18 - 3rd Mar, 2010 at 4:13pm

JACKSPADE - I'm not so sure about the law regard drinking age in Laos.  All I know, you can give $$ to kids at any age and send them out to get some beer for you.  Night clubs, bars, and even at restaurants you'll see bunch of minors consuming alcohols.  The government doesn't enforce it like the West.  Money is the king over there.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #19 - 4th Mar, 2010 at 1:31am

Buk IIWJ is right. Unfortunately, kids can buy alcohol and anyone can consume alcohol in Laos.

Most businesses do not care who you are, as long as you give them the money then they will give you the product/service.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #20 - 4th Mar, 2010 at 3:16am

Hopefully that will change in the future.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #21 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:04pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 4th Mar, 2010 at 1:31am:
Most businesses do not care who you are, as long as you give them the money then they will give you the product/service.

Does this rule apply to sex too?

How old - or young - do you have to be, before brothels will let you enter - gynecologically?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #22 - 4th Jun, 2011 at 11:24pm

When I was in Laos last year I went to Hongview and Wind West.  They have live band.  Not a bad place to hang out especially Hongview right by the Maekong river.  Admin, have you ever been to those places?   Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #23 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 12:31am

No, I haven't.

Live music venues are plentiful in Vientiane that play Lao/Thai music. They are not my type of music but I don't mind listening to them at the restaurants.

I love The Bee Gees, All 4 One, Judy Garland, Wilson Phillips, Whitney Houston, just to name a few.

IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #24 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 2:56am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 5th Jun, 2011 at 12:31am:
No, I haven't.

Live music venues are plentiful in Vientiane that play Lao/Thai music. They are not my type of music but I don't mind listening to them at the restaurants.

I love The Bee Gees, All 4 One, Judy Garland, Wilson Phillips, Whitney Houston, just to name a few.

Do you have any Lao music cd/vcd collection at all?  It looks like you are more influence by materials from the west. There's nothing wrong with it.  I'm just curious.  As for myself, I don't have any Lao music cd/vcd at all, the only time I listen to it is when my parents pull out their cd or vcd collection. Smiley  I mostly listen to Eurodance, Alternative, 80s rock, 80s country, 50s classic, and some 90s rap. 

Back to topic, live concerts perform  by any Lao rock Bands are very enjoyable, doesn't matter who it is or where it is.  People get up, dance, eat, drink, sing, or even socialize.  It's in our blood. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #25 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 3:10am

No, they did not get up and dance when I was there. They were just looking at each others like should we dance or what? Nothing like club in USA bro.   Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #26 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 3:24am

In Vientaine, what do nightclubs usually play? Laos or Western or varieties?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #27 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 4:08am

I have Lao music CD's and VCD's, but do not often play them. I used to listen to the popular stars of Laos such as Ting and Overdance during their early release, but their music gets boring after a while.

The nightclubs in Laos usually play western Hip Hop, R&B, Dance, Pop, and Lao and Thai depending on the place.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #28 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 1:17pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 5th Jun, 2011 at 12:31am:

How do you know of these singers?

Do they play these guys on the Lao radio stations?
I think their selection needs swift updating. Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #29 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 9:47pm

Ask yourself, how do you know any of the singers in Laos?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 10606 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 91702 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 295000 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 141849 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77890 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54064 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79973 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63028 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49908 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44811 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum