Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
5 thai girls slapped 1 laotian girl in Thailand. (Read 75319 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: 5 thai girls slapped 1 laotian girl in Thailand.
Reply #15 - 7th Mar, 2011 at 5:31am

If the Thai military tried to shoot you, and some of your colleagues got killed and injured, will you stick around?

Nearly 200 red shirt protesters are still in jail. The protesters got paid to take part in the rally. Many of them don't have an inspiration, they just want the money.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #16 - 7th Mar, 2011 at 6:02am

Lao Issan know about their Lao root.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRXLBbR1308&feature=player_embedded

Good point. Education is the key. That's the nature of Lao people we like live in peace and live a simple life. Maybe that's why we get bully and push around by our powerful neighbor for century. Issan mean northeast when Thai talk about Issan they know its Lao.
Cool Huh

Larb Dip wrote on 7th Mar, 2011 at 3:24am:
Admin Saovaluck wrote on 6th Mar, 2011 at 7:51am:
The protest is still ongoing, but not as violent as it was, when people were shot at.

Sounds stereo typical Lao: When the going gets tough: the weak stop going!
What, because they got shot at, they suddenly forgot their inspiration? Do they really want to go back to their rice fileds and shovel cow manure? This is the problem with our Lao state of mind. We need to brainstorm  new doctrines, pinong. The whole education system needs to be revised. 21st century relevance needs to be made compulsary in the cirriculum. It all stars at the very top. Those in charge need to become better role models. Take more action.Alot less talking (and begging). Education is the tool. Teach people something long enough and it will become part of their mind-set. But this type of thing works both ways. Look at our kin in Thailand. They no longer call themselves Lao, but rather "Isaan". Some don't even know they are descendaed from Lao slaves (not all were). Understand what I'm saying? Mind-control is the key! But the type that I propose is only to inspire our people to expect and demand more from life (you only live once), not to feed them with propaganda bs.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #17 - 7th Mar, 2011 at 6:05am

Last year there were were 150,000 + red shirt protester in Bangkok. There's no way that all of them got pay to be there and has no inspiration. They're fighting for freedom and democracy and against double standard.
Cool Smiley

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 7th Mar, 2011 at 5:31am:
If the Thai military tried to shoot you, and some of your colleagues got killed and injured, will you stick around?

Nearly 200 red shirt protesters are still in jail. The protesters got paid to take part in the rally. Many of them don't have an inspiration, they just want the money.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #18 - 7th Mar, 2011 at 10:58am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 7th Mar, 2011 at 5:31am:

Look at the "Niggas" (pardon me) in the USA. They now have equal rights as everyone else. But how did they get it? [Take your time on this one. There is no need to rush. Because as they say in Laos: "we have all day"]. Even when their leaders got assasinated, did they get scared and do a face-to? No,NO,NO!. They kept on fighting for what they believed in. Their predicament was not too far off from where we are now. Nearly all of them are descended form slaves. True for most of our Isaan brethren. So what, alot of rebellers are in jail. So what, most will fall short. Look at Jao Siviet Annouvong. We now have a monument in his honour. How many centuries has he been dead? If you fight for what you truly believe in, and you "know" deep down in your heart that you are right, then the "pasason" will feel the vibe too and get behind the movement. Martyred in the faith of independance and equality. They don't come any prouder than that! Whay can't us Lao adopt this type of jihad mentality?

"If the Thai military tried to shoot you, and some of your colleagues got killed and injured, will you stick around?". Admin', you already think too"Lao-like". Why do most Lao only think about themselves? When you invite someone over for diner and they don't want to come, why do they make up bs excuses? "I already ate" or " My brother has already invited me"? You can tell they are lying. We Lao should learn to be more direct. Don't take my judgements to heart admin'. I will always "love" you for your opinions; no matter how contrasting they are. My old man always preached the mantra: "huck pang gun".

More Lao need to assimilalate the pride of those two speakers in that "Laos Politics thread".

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #19 - 7th Mar, 2011 at 7:18pm

Laos was invade and its still control by foreigner power. Lao don't have a chance to standup for their right. Those who speak up are jail or killed. Issan are under Thai and exploited as cheap labors and sex worker. Lao in Laos are under Vietnam as a result after 35 year our country is still underdeveloped and behind in education, health care, jobs and opportunity. Not much we can do right now except supporting Laos economics development anyway we can and move forward.
Cool Huh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #20 - 7th Mar, 2011 at 10:34pm

Love Laos, Thaksin Shinawatra is a billionaire. He is rich enough to pay alot of people.

Larb Dip, About inviting Lao people for dinner and they refuse to come with a polite excuse (whether it's true or not), there's no harm done.

It's like westerners asking you "How are you?" More often than not, you'll answer something along the lines of "I'm fine", even though your day may be miserable.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #21 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 12:34am

PM Thaksin was already rich before entering politics. He is the only Thai PM that serve the whole term in offices, and has done more for Isan and Lanna then any Thai PM. PM Thaksin pay off Thai national debt, provide better health care, education and business loan for the poor.
Cool

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 7th Mar, 2011 at 10:34pm:
Love Laos, Thaksin Shinawatra is a billionaire. He is rich enough to pay alot of people.

Larb Dip, About inviting Lao people for dinner and they refuse to come with a polite excuse (whether it's true or not), there's no harm done.

It's like westerners asking you "How are you?" More often than not, you'll answer something along the lines of "I'm fine", even though your day may be miserable.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #22 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 1:52am

Every PM leaves office, and they are remembered for a mixture of good and bad things they've done.

Thaksin did some good things, however he was found guilty of corruption in a court of law, so that's a pretty serious charge in anyone's language.

IP Logged

Bill
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 6:33am

The protest is still ongoing, but not as violent as it was, when people were shot at.

What, because they got shot at, they suddenly forgot their inspiration? Do they really want to go back to their rice fileds and shovel cow manure? This is the problem with our Lao state of mind. We need to brainstorm  new doctrines, pinong. The whole education system needs to be revised. 21st century relevance needs to be made compulsary in the cirriculum. It all stars at the very top. Those in charge need to become better role models. Take more action.Alot less talking (and begging). Education is the tool. Teach people something long enough and it will become part of their mind-set. But this type of thing works both ways. Look at our kin in Thailand. They no longer call themselves Lao, but rather "Isaan". Some don't even know they are descendaed from Lao slaves (not all were). Understand what I'm saying? Mind-control is the key! But the type that I propose is only to inspire our people to expect and demand more from life (you only live once), not to feed them with propaganda bs.

I do not mean to cause a problem, but it is easy to talk about protesting when you are in a safe country. I saw videos where people were not only shot at, but snipers shot some protesters in the head. In light of what is happening in the world today, I commend all those patriots who put their lives on the line so one day others may enjoy freedom. Freedom is not free.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #24 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 8:08am

Quote:

I do not mean to cause a problem, but it is easy to talk about protesting when you are in a safe country. I saw videos where people were not only shot at, but snipers shot some protesters in the head. In light of what is happening in the world today, I commend all those patriots who put their lives on the line so one day others may enjoy freedom. Freedom is not free.

All I'M saying is: If they are gonig to even start with this type of thing, then they need to really follow through. What about the legacy of the fallen soldiers? How will their sacrifices be remembered (or forgotten?). All for nothing now. What a waste of time (and life).

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #25 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 10:18am

I'm sure they are being remembered.

The rest of them have come to the realisation that nothing will be achieved, but death or jail time.

IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 10:39am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Mar, 2011 at 10:18am:

The rest of them have come to the realisation that nothing will be achieved, but death or jail time.

Well said. My sentiments exactly.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #27 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 7:32pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Mar, 2011 at 1:52am:
Every PM leaves office, and they are remembered for a mixture of good and bad things they've done.

Thaksin did some good things, however he was found guilty of corruption in a court of law, so that's a pretty serious charge in anyone's language.

Most politicians are corrupted. His opponent try to bring him down and make him look bad. Nobody is perfect, but the fact speak for itself PM Thaksin is the best PM in the history of Thailand. Maybe he should be Laos economics adviser.
Cool Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #28 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 7:36pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Mar, 2011 at 10:18am:

"Freedom is not free you had to fight for it with your blood." Its not over yet. Peaceful protest, election doesn't work because red shirt are jail or shot. If red shirt won election there're military couple to steal power from the people. I think it'll lead to civil war soon. Wait and see what happen when Thai king past away.
Cool Wink Shocked

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #29 - 9th Mar, 2011 at 7:05am

He's in his mid 80's so he's in the last phase of his life.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78569 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248782 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133103 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69806 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47440 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73917 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57544 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45376 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40976 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33952 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum