Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
Hi-so, Lo-so in Laos? (Read 190917 times)

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Re: Hi-so, Lo-so in Laos?
Reply #60 - 10th Apr, 2011 at 6:49am

Larb Dip wrote on 10th Apr, 2011 at 6:02am:
Admin Saovaluck wrote on 10th Apr, 2011 at 5:16am:
I know that you can eat any rice, but I said if you were given the choice? I guess you will choose sticky rice because you're a "larp" lover.

I have no fans, and strangers in Vientiane don't know me.

It's just a normal house and not a mansion.

Okay. If someone happened to shove a gun in my face and I was staring down the barrel while that same someone presented me with the ultimatum: 'Khao Niaw of Khao jaow?',  I, too, would probably go with the tidier option. I'm gonna bet a dollar here, that you don't use your hands at all, while eating. True?

Is that a good thing or what?
What if I reccognized you in Vientiane? How would you like me to behave? Answer this one. You can't ignore this one. Wink

That's a mansion as far as I'm concerned. Lao standards, anyway. Unless you're saying there are real PROPER mansions in Laos.

This I know for a fact, she'll definitely avoid you at all costs knowing the type of person you are. LOL  As for the rest of us, I think she avoid us as well and turn the other cheek if we are recognizable to her from the website.

As for sweet rice and jasmine rice, I like both depending on the types of food we serve.  Jasmine rice is really good with stir fried foods and variation of soups.  Sweet rice is good with larb, au lam, mook, and jeal.  As for bbq both are good with it.  Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #61 - 10th Apr, 2011 at 7:09am

Give me sticky-rice any day of the week, and yes I use my fingers. That is proper etiquette; I can't imagine trying to eat it any other way. Forks, spoons and chopsticks won't do. And forget eating it with power tools, like you would eat spaghetti, it just can't be done.

Oh yea, I think I have consumed more than my share of Johnnie Walker tonight. Sorry for that, and sorry I couldn't share with you all.

29 days to go!

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #62 - 10th Apr, 2011 at 7:53am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 10th Apr, 2011 at 6:36am:
You won't recognise me.

I don't look down on anyone though.

Sounds like you do a bit of airbrushing. Is that why I won't recognize you? Judging from some of your responses, it doesn't sound like you hold yourself in such high esteem.

Since nobody really knows what 'Lard Dip' looks like, I may still have a chance to meet my idol, the Laopride.com admin'. (I will change my motto to make it official). Masquerading as a Thai tourist might get the job done.

That does sound like a bit of prejudice there nang.
Doesn't matter though, I'm a big boy and can take a hint. I know when I'm not welcome. Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #63 - 10th Apr, 2011 at 7:57am

OMD wrote on 10th Apr, 2011 at 6:49am:
I know that you can eat any rice, but I said if you were given the choice? I guess you will choose sticky rice because you're a "larp" lover.

Okay. If someone happened to shove a gun in my face and I was staring down the barrel while that same someone presented me with the ultimatum: 'Khao Niaw of Khao jaow?',  I, too, would probably go with the tidier option. I'm gonna bet a dollar here, that you don't use your hands at all, while eating. True?

What if I reccognized you in Vientiane? How would you like me to behave? Answer this one. You can't ignore this one. Wink

That's a mansion as far as I'm concerned. Lao standards, anyway. Unless you're saying there are real PROPER mansions in Laos.

This I know for a fact, she'll definitely avoid you at all costs knowing the type of person you are. LOL  As for the rest of us, I think she avoid us as well and turn the other cheek if we are recognizable to her from the website.

As for sweet rice and jasmine rice, I like both depending on the types of food we serve.  Jasmine rice is really good with stir fried foods and variation of soups.  Sweet rice is good with larb, au lam, mook, and jeal.  As for bbq both are good with it.  Smiley

I already knew I had NO chance of getting a favourable reply. I just wanted to see if she had any class her self. She passed the test. A real lady. Cheesy

What's up with this 'sweet' rice, man? You guys don't call it 'sticky' up in Huay Xay?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #64 - 10th Apr, 2011 at 3:15pm

With som tam, definitely kaow nieow. With gaeng paneng curry, kaow jaow for sure.

If I had a gun to my head, kaow nieow. Makes a good snack when walking from MRT to BTS stations too.

Eat with my fingers, the right way Tongue

Larb Dip, I'm gonna start calling you Lord Dip BTW because you are obviously hi-so ;P

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #65 - 10th Apr, 2011 at 5:41pm

lao-sticky-rice-1.jpg

lao-sticky-rice-2.jpg

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #66 - 10th Apr, 2011 at 5:43pm

lao-sticky-rice-3.jpg

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #67 - 10th Apr, 2011 at 9:10pm

JSEA wrote on 10th Apr, 2011 at 3:15pm:
With som tam, definitely kaow nieow. With gaeng paneng curry, kaow jaow for sure.

If I had a gun to my head, kaow nieow. Makes a good snack when walking from MRT to BTS stations too.

Eat with my fingers, the right way Tongue

Larb Dip, I'm gonna start calling you Lord Dip BTW because you are obviously hi-so ;P

I agree. Khao Jaow when eating gaang (soup/curry etc). Otherwise you would just be sucking the juice off your fingers if you had it with Khao niaw.

I like your style more and more each time you post, bro. Wink

Don't worry about those Siamese 'Hi-So' looking down on you, mate.

'Lord Dip' sounds REAL good. Especially rolling off a Falang tongue. I can take the bantering. However, if it came out of a Lao mouth, I might have to throw a few punches here and there. I can't take sarcasm. Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #68 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:02am

You can still eat soup and curry with sticky rice. Use your hands for rice, and spoon for the soup/curry.

This is the 21st century. Maybe you should call our neighbours across the Mekong as Thais, instead of Siamese.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #69 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:12am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:02am:
You can still eat soup and curry with sticky rice. Use your hands for rice, and spoon for the soup/curry.

This is the 21st century. Maybe you should call our neighbours across the Mekong as Thais, instead of Siamese.

That's not how it's done traditionally, mate. it just wouldn't look right, right?

Okay. Anything for you. Wink

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #70 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:40am

It's done traditionally for many centuries in Laos.

In "Lo-So" meals, usually there's a bowl of soup in the middle to be shared. Everyone is given a spoon for the soup.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #71 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:51am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 11th Apr, 2011 at 12:02am:

We should called them Tai or Siamese barbarians. Just joking.
Grin Grin Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #72 - 11th Apr, 2011 at 7:20am

Larb Dip wrote on 10th Apr, 2011 at 7:57am:
OMD wrote on 10th Apr, 2011 at 6:49am:

This I know for a fact, she'll definitely avoid you at all costs knowing the type of person you are. LOL  As for the rest of us, I think she avoid us as well and turn the other cheek if we are recognizable to her from the website.

As for sweet rice and jasmine rice, I like both depending on the types of food we serve.  Jasmine rice is really good with stir fried foods and variation of soups.  Sweet rice is good with larb, au lam, mook, and jeal.  As for bbq both are good with it.  Smiley

I already knew I had NO chance of getting a favourable reply. I just wanted to see if she had any class her self. She passed the test. A real lady. Cheesy

What's up with this 'sweet' rice, man? You guys don't call it 'sticky' up in Huay Xay?

Sweet or Glutinous is the same as sticky rice (kao neil).  I'm just using an English name for it. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #73 - 14th Apr, 2011 at 11:34pm

lo-so.jpg

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #74 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 12:44am

Don't tell me manes are back in nang.

Flicking through some of my photo albums, I noticed all my male kin used to sport mullets back in the day (25 - 30 years ago). Are they back in?

In Auckland - especially in the 'darker' areas of Manukau - 2/3 of the pubaos grow rat tails. Once it's plated and is draped across your shoulder it looks quite 'hot'.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78260 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248699 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133029 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69741 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47379 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73864 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57503 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45342 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40928 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33924 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum