Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
When you're drunk, you're drunk (Read 91433 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: When you're drunk, you're drunk
Reply #45 - 5th Mar, 2013 at 4:14pm

Nice cold BeerLao make me thirsty Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #46 - 5th Mar, 2013 at 10:06pm

ເຫລົ້າລາວ?

sakyant wrote on 5th Mar, 2013 at 3:17am:
I also enjoy lao-lao (ເຫລົ້າລາວ) every now and then. I'm known to stock up my suitcase before heading back to the US.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #47 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 11:52am

Buk Hoo Kee wrote on 3rd Mar, 2013 at 10:56pm:
But we love BeerLao, so drink it up my fellow Lao brothers and sisters, drink it till we end up stupid.

Laotians sure love their Beerlao, even while behind the wheel

Drink driving in Laos

Please click on image to view a larger version

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #48 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 11:57am

He will end up stupid?

Crazy man crazy beer

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #49 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 3:51pm

Drinking and driving is a no no. Too much of anything is bad for you Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #50 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 9:11pm

I have to disagree with this one.  Personally I feel that there is nothing wrong with drinking and driving. However there is something wrong with driving drunk. 

llX wrote on 8th Mar, 2013 at 3:51pm:
Drinking and driving is a no no. Too much of anything is bad for you Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #51 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 1:49am

Drinking and driving is morally wrong, and I don't think any society will accept that.

You may not be drunk while driving, but drinking can eventually cause you to become drunk or have blurred vision while you're still driving.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #52 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:17am

Yes and have a highly valid point and actually there is a law here  that says 'no open can or bottle while driving'.  My whole point is do not drive if you are under the influence and being in this state of condition will impair your driving decisions.  But I think (and if your really need to) you can pop just one top and drive if you have no alcohol in your sytem yet.  One bottle/can of beer in your system does not make you drunk.  Personally myself I probably need 6 or 7 bottles to become impaired Cheesy.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #53 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:24am

Agreed with Admins. Most that drink will drink till they're drunk. Some people love their alcohol. If you want to drink why can't you just wait until you're home.
« Last Edit: 9th Mar, 2013 at 10:33am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #54 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 3:47am

Beef Cake wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:17am:
One bottle/can of beer in your system does not make you drunk.  Personally myself I probably need 6 or 7 bottles to become impaired Cheesy

Small amounts of beer can have an effect on some people's ability to drive.

If you have a glass of water or orange juice, usually you feel that's enough in your system. Beer is dry and keeps you thirsty, that's why people in general don't stop with one bottle/can of beer and they continue to drink more and more.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #55 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 4:35am

Come on now Cheesy.  You can probably drink one whole bottle of beer like water and not buzzing at all.  But when you put in additional 3 or 4  then silliness kicks in Cheesy.  Another 3 or bottles then you are Superman or Superwoman Grin

But seriously though anyone can have an one open can and drive to your next destination.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 3:47am:
Beef Cake wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:17am:
One bottle/can of beer in your system does not make you drunk.  Personally myself I probably need 6 or 7 bottles to become impaired Cheesy

Small amounts of beer can have an effect on some people's ability to drive.

If you have a glass of water or orange juice, usually you feel that's enough in your system. Beer is dry and keeps you thirsty, that's why people in general don't stop with one bottle/can of beer and they continue to drink more and more.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #56 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 5:36am

Beef Cake wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 4:35am:
Come on now Cheesy.  You can probably drink one whole bottle of beer like water and not buzzing at all.  But when you put in additional 3 or 4  then silliness kicks in Cheesy.  Another 3 or bottles then you are Superman or Superwoman Grin

But seriously though anyone can have an one open can and drive to your next destination.

It depends who you are. Some people's system can handle alcohol better than others, and there are people who turns red just by drinking a little bit.

Those like myself who are non drinkers or non-regular drinkers will struggle to drive to the next destination even with half a can of beer.

IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #57 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 10:25am

Supergirl in fancy car on country road back home with beer Lao.

What a creative idea for promotion.

Free offer. Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #58 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 11:59am

Are there 'Superheroes' in Laos?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #59 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 12:06pm

Asian countries usually have heroes, USA has man, like batman spiderman, lizard man.

Beef Cake wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 11:59am:
Are there 'Superheroes' in Laos?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 8597 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 90632 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 294135 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 141139 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77242 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 53524 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79464 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62577 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49543 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44501 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum