Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
When you're drunk, you're drunk (Read 91428 times)

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Re: When you're drunk, you're drunk
Reply #30 - 25th Feb, 2013 at 11:51am

Oh hot damn, I don't think she got that bod by drinking beerlao... damn I hate sluts, they turn me on...

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #31 - 25th Feb, 2013 at 4:16pm

Buk Hoo Kee wrote on 25th Feb, 2013 at 11:51am:
Oh hot damn, I don't think she got that bod by drinking beerlao... damn I hate sluts, they turn me on...

Beerlao cools you down.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #32 - 25th Feb, 2013 at 5:01pm

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #33 - 25th Feb, 2013 at 10:36pm

Aren't we all agree that Lao people are notorious beer drinkers Shocked?

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #34 - 26th Feb, 2013 at 9:15am

Totally agree ! i just think we are easy going people.Who love to enjoy a good family gathering and drinking.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #35 - 3rd Mar, 2013 at 2:41am

Drinking beer and social occasions has
become part of modern-day Laos

Drinking beer and social occasions in Laos

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #36 - 3rd Mar, 2013 at 10:56pm

Let's take a look at history for a lesson. In North America when the "white man" came and brought alcohol to the native indians, it destroyed their way of life. They would trade furs for alcohol at first, then they would trade their land and eventually their women for alcohol.
I have never seen a beer company that was owned and supported by a gov't until BeerLao. Most gov'ts try to control alcohol consumption but in Laos, they promote it like a religion. Good to see that money out weighs common sense in some parts of the world.
In Canada, alcohol and tobacco are taxed heavily to increase the price to make it unaffordable so that people will not use it since it causes health problems in the future which leads to increased costs to the healthcare system.
I think that MADD (mothers against drinking and driving) would probably have an issue with the gov't if they owned and promoted beer drinking over here, and then the gov'ts would be sued when someone dies from an alcohol related death, similar to the tobacco industry.
But we love BeerLao, so drink it up my fellow Lao brothers and sisters, drink it till we end up stupid.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

sakyant
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Southern California
Reply #37 - 4th Mar, 2013 at 4:17am

Attitudes in the United States are more complicated regarding alcohol than they are in Asian countries. Much of the American attitude towards alcohol (and sex and other social issues) were framed by the colonists who came here.

For example, Americans are taught about the “Protestant (or Puritan) work ethic” that supposedly pushes them to be ambitious, inventive and determined.  But it also affects attitudes towards alcohol. The Puritans weren’t non-drinkers, but they definitely watched people’s behavior, and drinking too much was a sign of personal failure (and possibly damnation – literally). The original 13 colonies limited alcohol consumption and purchase through “blue laws” which prohibited its sale on Sundays in many places and also limited where it could be bought and sold.  Many East Coast and Midwest states retain these laws, including Minnesota where I was born.

This later influenced religious revival movements which frowned on drinking, such as the Second Great Awakening of the early 19th century.  Alcohol was regarded as a social evil that caused men to beat their wives and children as well as squander the family’s money. Temperance and later prohibition were the results of this thinking.

I can’t say whether this thinking would affect Canada, but it permeates much of the US where there are still hundreds of local governments that limit alcohol purchase (so-called “dry counties”).  Asian countries didn’t have this Protestant baggage to contend with.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #38 - 4th Mar, 2013 at 12:20pm

Again both of you have a valid point. When a goverment is in the business of making money instead of governing you have some serious issue. I think rule and regulation are set up for fair and competitive business. But if you were the one making the rules. How could anyone compete ? It all come down to check and balance. But then again if you have a one party system we all know who the winner is.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #39 - 4th Mar, 2013 at 1:14pm

Beer wont have problem, the problem with beer is current watery beer like Budweiser. Alcohol is a prolem always. Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #40 - 4th Mar, 2013 at 4:39pm

Beerlao in ice

Beerlao in ice

Beerlao in ice

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #41 - 4th Mar, 2013 at 9:19pm

Practice moderation and enjoy it responsibly yall!

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #42 - 4th Mar, 2013 at 9:32pm

Crazy beer

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #43 - 5th Mar, 2013 at 1:35am

People are crazy, not beer.

View Profile  
IP Logged

sakyant
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Southern California
Reply #44 - 5th Mar, 2013 at 3:17am

I also enjoy lao-lao (ເຫລົ້າລາວ) every now and then. I'm known to stock up my suitcase before heading back to the US.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 8025 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 90337 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 293877 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140930 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77073 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 53383 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79339 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62462 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49458 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44423 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum