Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
When you're drunk, you're drunk (Read 91421 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: When you're drunk, you're drunk
Reply #15 - 21st Apr, 2012 at 5:32am

It's a hard job because you have to stand for hours, and customers drink alcohol at night so it's an evening job. They pay on a monthly basis, and deduct some amount from your salary if you miss days due to illness or other reasons, so 600,000 - 800,000 kips per month is the norm.

True, there's "Miss this" and "Miss that" in Laos every year. Next there will be Miss school cleaner. It's a distraction and meaningless. You don't see universities and colleges in America, Canada, Australia, the UK, and many other countries have beauty competitions at their school. The emphasis should be for students to get their education.

Lao models

Please click on image to view a larger version

Lao models

Lao models

Lao models

Lao models

Lao models

Lao models

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #16 - 21st Apr, 2012 at 7:45am

I would like to see miss school cleaner. I actually saw a maid cafe when I was there but they weren't very interesting. Which contests were you in Admin? Maybe we should start a miss LaoPride contest. No ladyboys allowed though, haha.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #17 - 21st Apr, 2012 at 11:22am

Well, we already have enough obsession with all of these "Miss Contests" in Laos, and we don't want to stoop to the same level at LaoPride.com.

IP Logged

HAIR
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Poland
Reply #18 - 21st Apr, 2012 at 5:15pm

Is there a 'Mister Contest' over there?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #19 - 29th Dec, 2012 at 9:52am

No there isn't.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Reply #20 - 29th Dec, 2012 at 10:17am

Nice to see you answer every question even almost a year later, hehe.

Hey do you have any pictures from the miss lao contest recently. I heard a half lao half white girl (russian) won this year. I heard she got a car and some money also. I would like to know how these things are judged, there should be some voting from everyone in laos such as txt vote also. How do you get to be a contestant in miss lao?

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #21 - 29th Dec, 2012 at 11:00am

8 months later. I haven't checked this thread in a while, so I didn't know there was a question.

Christina Lasasimma is a teenager and she is definitely mixed, they are generally more beautiful than a typical Lao girl. You can enter or be choosen to participate. She won all sorts of prizes below:

• A cheque for 50 million kip
  • Chevrolet car worth 135 million kip
  • Lao silk sash worth 1.5 million kip
  • 45 grams of gold
  • 25 million kip worth of jewellery from Phouvong Jewellery
  • 20 million kip scholarship to study for a master's degree at Comcenter College
  • 5 million kip of gift vouchers from LD spa
  • 3 million kip of insurance from AGL
  • Three-day stay at Vientiane Plaza Hotel
  • One year supply of drinking water from Lao Brewery Company
  • Sought-after phone number complete with 1.2 million kip of calling credit for one year
  • 7.9 million kip of vouchers from Slim Concept Lao
  • Six month supply of Nestle Chocco Shape

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #22 - 29th Dec, 2012 at 11:43am

Damn, all that for winning a miss laos contest, I wish I could enter. So you are saying a mixed girl is more beautiful than a real Lao girl, hmm. Sounds kind of contradictory for a miss Laos contest where the goal is to show how beautiful Lao women are. I guess I couldn't think of anything less from such a contest, I'm suprised one of the prizes wasn't a year's supply of whitening cream.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #23 - 29th Dec, 2012 at 12:02pm

Technically she is still Lao, just not a pure Lao.

She is lighter than the average Lao woman so she can probably do without the whitening cream.

Christina Lasasimma

Christina Lasasimma

IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #24 - 29th Dec, 2012 at 8:14pm

When whitened is not a favorite, tanned is in trend. Wait and see.

My fair lady, the prize  Shocked Shocked Shocked. More will come from someone, as it happens here.

3 day in hotel, that is fancy.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #25 - 30th Dec, 2012 at 2:59am

I don't care so much about the beauty contest because it is just a farce that serves the interests of sponsors and organisers.

Most winners are generally Vientianians. Last years winner was also a resident of Vientiane too, with the odd winner coming from the northern region. If you're from Pakse or Champassak, you enter the competition as an outside chance of winning.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #26 - 1st Jan, 2013 at 7:26pm

Dorothy is busted for not doing her job properly Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin.  She's probably too busy running away from tornadoes in middle America Wink!

Buk Hoo Kee wrote on 29th Dec, 2012 at 10:17am:
Nice to see you answer every question even almost a year later, hehe.

Hey do you have any pictures from the miss lao contest recently. I heard a half lao half white girl (russian) won this year. I heard she got a car and some money also. I would like to know how these things are judged, there should be some voting from everyone in laos such as txt vote also. How do you get to be a contestant in miss lao?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #27 - 7th Jan, 2013 at 6:32pm

An Australian tourist has reportedly died in Laos after a night of heavy drinking.

Kane Scriven, 40, was partying and drinking with a friend while on holiday in the country last week (January 2013).

"All we know was the next morning, one woke up and the other never did," his friend, who wished to remain anonymous, said.

He said Mr Scriven, a former employee of Darwin company Work Boats Northern Australia, enjoyed travelling and had recently returned from a trip to Bali.

"He was a really sort of happy, friendly guy," he said.

"A real Aussie larrikin."

A spokeswoman from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade confirmed that a man had been found dead.

"We are aware of the death of a 40-year-old Australian man in Laos and are providing consular assistance to his family in Australia," she said.

star.gif
Australian man dies after tubing accident in Laos
star.gif

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #28 - 7th Feb, 2013 at 9:32pm

God is Great,
Beer is Good,
and People are Crazy to do this activity Wink!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #29 - 25th Feb, 2013 at 2:57am

Lao girl drinking Beerlao

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 7942 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 90294 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 293838 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140902 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77041 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 53363 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79320 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62444 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49443 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44415 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum