Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Judy Garland's replica ruby slippers (Read 137415 times)
Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Re: Judy Garland's replica ruby slippers
Reply #15 - 27th Aug, 2013 at 1:21am

What about human hair? Human hair is fairly strong.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #16 - 27th Aug, 2013 at 5:30am

I haven't thought of that but hair may be difficult to work with than a regular thread which is soft.

Also, they didn't use hair to make the original ruby slippers and I like to keep my replicas the same.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #17 - 30th Aug, 2013 at 8:55am

I've cut out some shapes of the bows from leather which will be used on Judy Garland's ruby slippers. The measurements and shape is identical to the bows on the original ruby slippers located at the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.

The wine colored material is a silk chiffon fabric which will be used to sew my vintage 1930's jewels onto, then to finish it off I sew the fabric over the leather bows.

Leather cut into the shape of a bow

Leather cut into the shape of a bow for Judy Garland's ruby slippers

IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #18 - 30th Aug, 2013 at 11:15am

The replica will be auctioned? Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #19 - 30th Aug, 2013 at 11:25am

I don't make them for sale, nothing is for sale.

One bow alone would cost $1,000 if I were to put them up for sale. That's how good the bows really are.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #20 - 31st Aug, 2013 at 12:52am

Bidding starts at $100,000 Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #21 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 9:30am

Holy!!!!!

Beef Cake wrote on 31st Aug, 2013 at 12:52am:
Bidding starts at $100,000 Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #22 - 3rd Sep, 2013 at 10:04am

Holy what?  Because this take about 1 year to make a pair of the slippers. Grin.  I will not accept cheap labour products. Grin  I prefer high quality.  Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #23 - 3rd Sep, 2013 at 10:08am

One year time? 8 hours a day? 5 days a week? Man, if so, starting bid be 1,000,000 $.

Beef Cake wrote on 3rd Sep, 2013 at 10:04am:
Holy what?  Because this take about 1 year to make a pair of the slippers. Grin.  I will not accept cheap labour products. Grin  I prefer high quality.  Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #24 - 3rd Sep, 2013 at 10:12am

Seriously, how long does it take to put a pair together? Roll Eyes

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #25 - 3rd Sep, 2013 at 12:09pm

It takes a year, or over a year, to make a pair of ruby slippers. I'm talking about a quality pair of ruby slippers the same way they were made for The Wizard of Oz, and not some rubbish replicas that you can find eBay for $50.

If I were to treat them like a full time job, and work on them for 8 hours every day, it could be done in 3 months.

IP Logged

LoveGal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardJudy Garland Gold Star Award
Reply #26 - 3rd Sep, 2013 at 7:43pm

Wow! Jiminy Crickets!

9661434865_2fd647034e.jpg

It seems to be a Mega-structure ever seen. I see you are going to build a new pair of ruby slippers from zore. I means you are not only sewing the red sequins on those shoes. You build the bow, company label and other part?, so what about the core? the slippers?

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

♥ Judy Garland ♥ Ma! He's Makin' Eyes At Me! 1949
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #27 - 4th Sep, 2013 at 4:13am

I make the bows myself from scratch out of leather and sew on the sequins on the shoes, but the embroidered fabric "Innes Shoe Co." company label is ordered from the United States or I can get the soles stamped in gold with the company label. Either way is acceptable because the original ruby slippers had labels in both format.

The silk base shoes is not built by me. They are custom made for me from a nice gentleman in America because he knows what he is doing. He knows the exact shape of the ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland as Dorothy. I paint the shoes though.

The base shoes with different heels for comparison. One shoe has the front part of the heels straight, and the other shoe is a bit roundish. One shoe is covered with red fabric, and the other shoe is burgundy in color.

Base shoes for Judy Garland's ruby slippers

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #28 - 4th Sep, 2013 at 4:08pm

Half finished bow on Judy Garland's ruby slippers

Half finished bow on Judy Garland's ruby slippers

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #29 - 5th Sep, 2013 at 6:42am

Stunning and starting to take shape

The sparkling centre jewels have been sewn into the bow.

Centre jewels on the bow of Judy Garland's ruby slippers

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 68608 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 245682 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 130976 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 67179 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 45892 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 72456 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 56128 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 44281 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 39996 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33218 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum