Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Looking for traditional Lao/Hmong girl for marriage (Read 107069 times)

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Re: Looking for traditional Lao/Hmong girl for marriage
Reply #30 - 29th Jan, 2014 at 9:56am

I don't think that's a fair comparison.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #31 - 29th Jan, 2014 at 11:11pm

Even country girl want nice thing. Once in awhile they want to
Be treated like a princess . A night on the town. What you
Looking for doesn't exist anymore. The key to a successful marriage is find you and good person and a friend. In my humble opinion . Once you find that , then you aske her if she has a sister for me .   Lol

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #32 - 30th Jan, 2014 at 2:07am

Sure I could help you man. I think it does exist, haven't you seen in the rural areas? None of them follow the western ways. Also there are Akha and Hmongs, who preserve their own culture. If you say it doesn't exist you obviously haven't been into rural Laos. Sadly, not everyone wants to fight off the modern world and some people even embrace it, so for those that still want to hold onto the old ways, you must hurry before development sets in.

I don't think it's necessary that improved living conditions and more knowledge means one has to follow others and be a copy-cat, but for some reason people seem to think this way. If there was a way to stop the modern world from enroaching on our land, I would find it.

Unfortunately, economic development destroys this, and makes them all conform to the global trash-culture of speaking English, wearing jeans, and listening to K-pop.
« Last Edit: 30th Jan, 2014 at 4:27am by Buk Nut »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #33 - 30th Jan, 2014 at 10:29pm

Buk Nut wrote on 30th Jan, 2014 at 2:07am:
Sure I could help you man. I think it does exist, haven't you seen in the rural areas? None of them follow the western ways. Also there are Akha and Hmongs, who preserve their own culture. If you say it doesn't exist you obviously haven't been into rural Laos. Sadly, not everyone wants to fight off the modern world and some people even embrace it, so for those that still want to hold onto the old ways, you must hurry before development sets in.

I don't think it's necessary that improved living conditions and more knowledge means one has to follow others and be a copy-cat, but for some reason people seem to think this way. If there was a way to stop the modern world from enroaching on our land, I would find it.

Unfortunately, economic development destroys this, and makes them all conform to the global trash-culture of speaking English, wearing jeans, and listening to K-pop.

True,but you can't stop Modernization . I understand where you coming from. But as human being we all have need and want. Some want good food and others wants nice car, house , etc. it's just build in our DNA .  Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #34 - 31st Jan, 2014 at 2:15am

Yeah true although the Akha and some other hill people have resisted modernization for centuries and refused to assimilate to the cultures around them. Although just recently the various governments of Southeast Asia have been trying to pressure them so hard to assimilate, also those sick Christian missionaries are stealing their children.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #35 - 31st Jan, 2014 at 4:10am

Buk Nut wrote on 31st Jan, 2014 at 2:15am:
Yeah true although the Akha and some other hill people have resisted modernization for centuries and refused to assimilate to the cultures around them. Although just recently the various governments of Southeast Asia have been trying to pressure them so hard to assimilate, also those sick Christian missionaries are stealing their children.

Wtf say ain't so ,   Is this true admin ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #36 - 31st Jan, 2014 at 8:15am

It happens in northern thailand, look up "prisoners of a white god" on youtube. Its a video about the Akha
« Last Edit: 1st Feb, 2014 at 1:15am by Buk Nut »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #37 - 1st Feb, 2014 at 4:37am

Ok I watch 15 minute of this and I'm already piss off. These
Mothercrappity smacker using these children's as child labor. The old white guy look like a sex predator. Man I hope the government Thai or us look into this. This freaking bs.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #38 - 1st Feb, 2014 at 5:20am

Please, the Thai government never cared about them or any other people besides Central Thais. The Thai government just see the hilltribes as a pest invading their great Thai land. Thai people discriminate so bad against all other Asian races except their holy Chinese emperor.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #39 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 11:42am

Man that really suc .I feel sorry for these childrens.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #40 - 4th Feb, 2014 at 5:36am

Well, they are getting "better lives" (maybe except the ones that got nailed by old perverted priests) but they might as well no longer be Akhas. They don't speak their language anymore, they cannot relate to their own parents, and well, their whole identity has been altered. What are those schools doing except producing more non-free thinking, Central Thai speaking drones that they can control?

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #41 - 6th Feb, 2014 at 11:20am

I dunno bout getting a better life . Being away from their families and friends.I think they doing cause of free labor.
Did you see those people houses ? That's just pure child labor ,plain and simple.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #42 - 6th Feb, 2014 at 1:58pm

They are basically dead already. I feel like if an Akha person can't speak Akha then their entire bloodline dies with them. So their life is just lived out not knowing who they even are.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #43 - 7th Feb, 2014 at 9:46am

Seems you are not a facebook boy, rather a youtube boy.
Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #44 - 7th Feb, 2014 at 11:21am

Naw , he just lost

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 68441 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 245629 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 130935 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 67145 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 45864 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 72433 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 56106 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 44262 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 39971 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33203 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum