Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 
Send Topic Print
Prostitution in Laos ? Why Lao? (Read 798582 times)

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Re: Prostitution in Laos ? Why Lao?
Reply #420 - 20th Jun, 2014 at 2:55am

Nice pictures admin, are all the clubs in Vientiane? The girls are very pretty, I will be sure to visit these places next time I go to Vientiane. Also, how do you even get these photos? Does someone take them for you?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #421 - 20th Jun, 2014 at 8:59am

Bliss was it in that street to be alive. But to be in that pub was very heaven. Grin Grin Grin

Buk Nut wrote on 20th Jun, 2014 at 2:55am:
Nice pictures admin, are all the clubs in Vientiane? The girls are very pretty, I will be sure to visit these places next time I go to Vientiane. Also, how do you even get these photos? Does someone take them for you?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #422 - 20th Jun, 2014 at 1:21pm

I don't hate prostitutes at all but admin speaks the truth about prostitution being completely optional and there is plenty of other work available, prostitution is just faster for cash. When properly checked and regulated prostitution is great and it should totally be legal. I don't want to find a girlfriend every time I need to relieve my urges. I don't care whether anyone respects them or not
They are a blessing

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #423 - 21st Jun, 2014 at 10:23am

Buk Nut wrote on 20th Jun, 2014 at 1:21pm:
I don't hate prostitutes at all but admin speaks the truth about prostitution being completely optional and there is plenty of other work available, prostitution is just faster for cash. When properly checked and regulated prostitution is great and it should totally be legal. I don't want to find a girlfriend every time I need to relieve my urges. I don't care whether anyone respects them or not
They are a blessing

I totally agree with ya.I see it as a service just like any other job.If the guys or gal willing to pay .Their ain't nothing
wrong with that.You can't judge people until you walk in their shoe.Old men buy love all the time ,so why can't a girl
charge men if they want a good time.People should have a
open mind.Enjoy life ,if you don't like something just don't do it.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #424 - 24th Jun, 2014 at 1:26pm

Prostitutes spread disease and encourage destructive behavior. I would never marry a prostitute or a former prostitute.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #425 - 24th Jun, 2014 at 8:23pm

Lol I don't plan on marrying one either. I just fuark them. I'm going to marry an innocent virgin girl from rural Laos or maybe Cambodia, who knows.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #426 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 1:42am

99% of prostitutes in Vientiane comes from rural Laos, so the presumption that good Lao girls all come from the countryside isn't always true.

You will rarely see a city girl prostituting because they have family watching over them or they have legitimate ways to earn money.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #427 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 8:03am

Applause! the presumption that girls staying behind in rural areas are good is not valid. Then, finding a good rual girl is comparatively harder than finding a city girl.

That will be a headache for Mak Nad. Thinking

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #428 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 12:31pm

I could say many things to this but I'll just make it short.

If you think most city girls are good and most country girls are bad then you are just as wrong as someone saying all country girls are good and all city girls are bad.

In the end, it just depends on the individual.

In most of the cities in Laos, you will only find Lao people, except for Luang Prabang where there are Khmu and Hmong people in the cities. There are 100+ ethnic groups in Laos, most of which you will never ever see if you only stick to the cities. Some of the tribes have zero presence in any city, and they do not sell sex either.

I'm reluctant to admit it, but I have good knowledge of prostitutes around Laos. Almost all of the prostitutes in Southern Laos that I talked to said they came from Vientiane and Luang Prabang. About 70% of them were ethnic Lao and the rest were either from Vietnam or they were Khmu. I noticed a lot of Khmu and Hmong girls selling sex but I never found a prostitute from other tribes. Speaking as someone who knows a bit about the tribes in Laos, there are no Khmu people south of Vientiane. So almost every single prostitute I met in southern Laos came from north of Bolikhamsai.

I particularly think the tribal girls of Southern Laos are beautiful, even though a lot of them have dark skin they have pretty faces, and trust me I looked everywhere but I couldn't find any of them selling sex. So your comment about country girls selling sex is only partially true.

Most country girls are decent, respectable people. The way you say it makes it seem like they are all selling their body on the down low. Maybe some of them, but definitely not the majority.

Also, in rural Laos the development of the village depends heavily on the ethnic group. I noticed even in rural Laos, most ethnic Lao villages are heavily modernized and they all have electricity. It's usually the other ethnic groups that have no electricity and still live in grass huts. Yes, many Lao people I met have never even seen a television or ever been to the city. So I'm sure they were not selling sex. Some Lao people in the country can't even speak Lao. I met a lot of Hmongs that can only speak Hmong. So you are not 100% correct admin.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #429 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 12:56pm

I think Luang Prabang is famous for a bird called Gracula religiosa or grackle.

I bought one, 100 UDS and smuggled ( to some extent) to my house back then.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #430 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 12:58pm

Lol, that bird is so common around Southeast Asia. I've literally seen it everywhere. But I really don't support the smuggling of animals. Makes me sick. Killing them for food I can understand, but I wish we could just let them live in peace in their forest homes.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #431 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 1:12pm

When I was young, I killed birds. But, no more now. That bird has great potential for singing. You can teach it.  It will turn into hollywood diva. ha ha ha.

ONLY luang Prabang bird is the best.

Buk Nut wrote on 25th Jun, 2014 at 12:58pm:
Lol, that bird is so common around Southeast Asia. I've literally seen it everywhere. But I really don't support the smuggling of animals. Makes me sick. Killing them for food I can understand, but I wish we could just let them live in peace in their forest homes.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #432 - 26th Jun, 2014 at 5:12am

I could say many things too, but I'll make it short.

At the end of the day prostitution levels in Laos is at a high, regardless where the girls come from.

Brothels and bars doesn't just exist in the city but throughout the countryside as well to cater for the locals in the area. Those who have never seen a television suggests they are the poorest of the poor and are at risk of entering prostitution.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #433 - 26th Jun, 2014 at 3:58pm

Prostitution is unfortunately almost everywhere in Laos. I was staying near Thateng which has a small population and my friend pointed out four different brothels in the area. People should have the freedom to seek or work as prostitutes but I find it somewhat disgusting. My friend and I used to drink beerlao and sing karaoke at a brothel which was kinda weird.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #434 - 26th Jun, 2014 at 9:20pm

Yes admin I'm aware that it's not just in the cities but even the prostitutes in southern Laos mostly come from the north to work there. Few of the locals of southern Laos are actually selling in southern Laos. And it's mostly Lao Lum people! There are very few tribal Lao people selling themselves and I stand by this claim. Texas, have you ever been to Pa Um, Attape? It's even smaller than Ta Taeng and it has a multitude of brothels. I feel so horrible that Lao women have to do this yet I like to enjoy it sometimes. Btw I love Ta Thaeng. What are you doing in Laos TC? Teaching right?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78161 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248669 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133013 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69727 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47367 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73853 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57478 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45333 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40922 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33919 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum