Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Motorbike accident kills my cousin in Laos (Read 30071 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Motorbike accident kills my cousin in Laos
12th Apr, 2011 at 5:52pm

I've mentioned time and time again about the regular road accidents in Laos, but sadly this time it involves a very close family.

My 16-year-old cousin and his friend were riding a motorbike on the way home together on April 11, 2011. The both of them were killed instantly when their motorbike got hit by a speeding dump truck. Poor boys, they can't celebrate the Lao New Year. I love you young man.

For foreigners planning a trip to Laos, please be careful on the roads. Our roads are more dangerous than ever before.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Motorbike accident kills my cousin in Laos
Reply #1 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 6:10pm

Very sad to hear Admins. My heart go out to your cousin family. Sometime life is too short.
Embarrassed Undecided

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 6:20pm

They say that elders live longer than young people, because the elders never go out.

I will die one day too, but I don't want to die that way. He was their only son and now they have two beautiful girls left.

Three people are dead in Vientiane road accidents last week according to Vientiane Times. I've seen and heard plenty of accidents in the run up to the Lao New Year. Maybe more deaths coming in the next few days, it's terrible.

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #3 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 10:20pm

VEry sad and sorry to hear about your cousin.  My pray for your cousin's family.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #4 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 10:41pm

My condolences  nang.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 13th Apr, 2011 at 12:16am

Please do not try this at home.

motorcycle-stunt-laos-1.jpg

motorcycle-stunt-laos-2.jpg

motorcycle-stunt-laos-3.jpg

IP Logged

BlastSweep
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #6 - 13th Apr, 2011 at 1:45am

Very sorry to hear that, best wishes and condolences.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #7 - 13th Apr, 2011 at 3:50am

Same as the U.S. New year, holiday, July 4. A lot car accident people drink and party. Motorcycle is very popular with Asia-American kids, but I'm scare of them. They're too fast for me.
Embarrassed Undecided

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 12th Apr, 2011 at 6:20pm:
They say that elders live longer than young people, because the elders never go out.

I will die one day too, but I don't want to die that way. He was their only son and now they have two beautiful girls left.

Three people are dead in Vientiane road accidents last week according to Vientiane Times. I've seen and heard plenty of accidents in the run up to the Lao New Year. Maybe more deaths coming in the next few days, it's terrible.

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 13th Apr, 2011 at 6:51am

I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #9 - 13th Apr, 2011 at 4:11pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 12th Apr, 2011 at 5:52pm:
I've mentioned time and time again about the regular road accidents in Laos, but sadly this time it involves a very close family.

My 16-year-old cousin and his friend were riding a motorbike on the way home together on April 11, 2011. The both of them were killed instantly when their motorbike got hit by a speeding dump truck. Poor boys, they can't celebrate the Lao New Year. I love you young man.

For foreigners planning a trip to Laos, please be careful on the roads. Our roads are more dangerous than ever before.

My condolences to you and your cousin's family.  Everyday is a risk.  No matter where we go, where we stay, or what we do in our lifetime, fate always seem to catchup to us.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 13th Apr, 2011 at 10:13pm

Thank you to everyone for the condolences. My cousin's sudden death doesn't affect me much on a personal level, because he isn't an immediate family member, but still a very close relative, and his family is obviously devastated.

It was time for him to go. None of us will be here forever too, we just have to make the most of our time on Earth and do good things because Buddhist followers believe in reincarnation, and it gives us hope to be reborn into human life again and live a much happier life. Or our spirit stays longer or eternal in heaven and there is no more suffering.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #11 - 13th Apr, 2011 at 11:41pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 13th Apr, 2011 at 12:16am:

This guy is the mack. All he needs is a cape hanging off a shiny outfit. I would actually pay to witness him perform his routine.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #12 - 13th Apr, 2011 at 11:57pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 13th Apr, 2011 at 10:13pm:
It was time for him to go. None of us will be here forever too, we just have to make the most of our time on Earth and do good things because Buddhist followers believe in reincarnation, and it gives us hope to be reborn into human life again and live a much happier life. Or our spirit stays longer or eternal in heaven and there is no more suffering.

I have a few enquiries concerning Laos' departing rituals. It's been a while since I last sacrificed my mane and eyebrows out of love and respect for the deceased. I know it is expected, as males, to become ordained as monks in such circumstances. Wrapped up in orange robes is the expectation, right?

How about the women? What are they expected to 'sacrifice'?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 14th Apr, 2011 at 12:22am

Yes, young Lao men are expected to ordain as a monk when they're 21 years old for parents. To ordain as a monk for the deceased is another form of monk.

Women are not expected to do anything. Cheesy

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #14 - 14th Apr, 2011 at 1:06am

Here's something interesting-slash-odd-slash-peculiar-slash-weird-slash-bizarre-slash-scary you can fill me in on:

When one finally departs into the unknown, why do their kin have them displayed in their fiefdoms like ancient Egyptian pharaohs? The whole community gets the chance to pay their respects while at the same instant, peek into their tombs. This, I found, was putting me off. Even more so, when I found out that I had to 'sleep' in the adjacent room. I didn't doze off until my eyelids weighed as heavy as a dumbbell. There was also an elder - one of the higher ups in the community -whose 'job' it was to sleep next to the coffin and keep the dead company.

What's the story behind these superstitions? What is HE really going to do, if the recently departed decides he needs to relieve himself? Wakes up and hops out of his resting place.

Exorcising spirits/demons is a part of the impressive arsenal of monks, isn't it? FLYING even - from the myths that I've heard - is a skill that all the devout monks possess, right? Wouldn't a monk have been the apt guardian in this circumstance? I know it would have given me peace of mind. Huh

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 10538 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 91660 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 294972 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 141827 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77869 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54044 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79957 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63015 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49896 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44794 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum